This is my ‘how to – step by step’ guide on how to use unlock weapons in the singleplayer version of battlefield 2. Its a very simple process and does not involve downloading anything. Below is the guide:
Unlocking weapons for singleplayer in Battlefield 2
** BACKUP ALL FILES BEFORE EDITING *** READ THE NOTES AT THE BOTTOM **
Find your Battlefield 2 folder
My computer Local Disk (C:) Program Files EA GAMES Battlefield 2
Go into the following folders
Battlefield 2 mods bf2
In the mods folder you should see an “Objects_server.zip” zip file. [BACKUP THIS FILE ON YOUR DESKTOP]
Inside the zip file is a folder called Kits. Take this out of the zip file and, right click the folder Properties uncheck the Read Only box.
Inside the Kits folder are sub folders with “ai, ch, EU, FallingKitParts, Mec, and US [all you want to worry about is the US, Mec, and ch folders
Go into the folder of your choice and there are .CON files for each of the 7 kits.
Open these files in a text editor [Notepad] do NOT use wordpad, microsoft word or others.
At the bottom of the file is a line of text saying “ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 1” change the 1 to a 0 to make the G36C the default weapon.
There is another line saying “ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 2” change the 2 to a 0 to make the SCAR-L the default weapon.
YOU CAN ONLY ENABLE ONE UNLOCK AT A TIME, CHANGING THEM BOTH TO 0 WILL NOT WORK (I know I’ve tried)
Save this file ([file save] or [Ctrl + S]) and do the same for the other 6 kits.
The Kits folder that you have edited, replace back into the zip folder in the bf2 directory.
Start the game and enjoy the unlocks.
** NOTES ** NOTES ** NOTES ** NOTES ** NOTES ** NOTES ** NOTES ** NOTES
1. Always backup file which you are editing. In case you mess up you will be able to try again.
2. The small chunk of text named UnlockUSSpecops, the one with 3 lines of text, is the first unlock. (BF2) (G36C etc.)
3. The large chunk of text named UnlockUSSpecops2, the one with 5 lines of text, is for the second unlock. (BF2:SF) (SCAR-L etc.)
4. If you wish to play on Multiplayer, swap the edited Kits folder with an unedited version, or you may get banned by PunkBuster.
5. Do not edit any other text in the documents unless you know what yo are doing.
6. Although the game shows you can only choose the default weapons, when you choose a kit and spawn you will have the unlocked weapon.
7. I recommend right clicking on the “bf2” folder inside the mods folder and creating a shortcut onto your desktop, this is for easy navigation to this directory.
8. For this modification, I made an offline singleplayer account just to be on the safe side.
Xem thêm bài viết khác: https://perspectra.org/game/